Fountec is the most effective product now available for fountain treatment. It is non-hazardous, non-staining and non-foaming when using the recommended dosage. A small application lasts for a couple of weeks.
While we don't recommend your fountain as a drinking source for pets, the fact remains that it is hard to keep pets from drinking from it. As long as the product is used according to directions, it will not harm your pet. As with all chemicals, we recommend that you keep them out of reach of children and pets.
Fountec Fountain Cleaner Features:
- Fast acting and no chlorine needed
- Kills and inhibits all types of algae growth in all types of water fountains and ponds
- Keeps water crystal clear and algae-free
Fountec Fountain Cleaner Specifications:
- Bottle : 8 ounces
We offer free shipping within the United States. Here are some shipping facts about all of our products:
1) Currently all small items will be shipped through UPS Ground, with free shipping.
2) Products over 100lbs. will ship freight with Curbside Service. They will not unpackage and/or relocate your order once off the truck. Please make sure to have any kind of assistance needed at time of delivery if you feel necessary. Note: The delivery company will call to arrange a delivery time. Customers must be available to sign for the shipment at time of delivery.
3) Our cast stone products are made to order and lead times will vary. Please reach out for the current lead time on the product you are interested in.
4) On the delivery for fountains with extra large bases, a forklift is required for delivery as the base will be too big for lift-gate service. You must arrange this prior to fountain delivery. NOTE: Although most fountains DO NOT require a forklift because they can fit on a lift gate, we will notify you prior to shipping if your fountain requires a fork lift.
Protecting cast stone and pottery during winter is crucial to prevent damage from the freeze-thaw cycle. Moisture trapped in these items can expand when frozen, leading to cracks and deterioration. Storing them indoors or in covered areas is the best practice, but if that's not feasible, thoroughly drying and covering them with a waterproof cover can offer some protection. Regular maintenance and care can significantly extend the life of these decorative items..
For more information on winterizing your cast stone fountain and birdbath, click here.
For more information on winterizing your cast stone planters and statuary, click here.
For more information on winterizing your glazed and terra cotta pottery, click here.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
how much do I need for my fountain, it is fairly large and the algae is bad.
One 8-oz bottle typically lasts up to one year for maintenance. Where you have a large build up, You would want to repeat “visable algae dosage” every other day for one week. I recommend 2 bottles.
Can fountec be used as a topical/surface cleaner for mineral/calcium build up?
We recommend using CLR for surface cleaning and to help prevent mineral/calcium build up, check our our other product called Protec here:
Where is the technical sheet? What is in this?
This concentrated fountain algaecide is safe for plants, birds, and animals to drink treated water, however, it is not safe for aquatic life.
This product contains 30% Poly[oxyethylene(dimethyliminio)-ethylene Dimethyliminio)-etheylene dichloride] and 70% inert ingredients.
For a full chemical composition and safety data sheet, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
My fountain is dark brown and several products I have used in my fountain in the past to decrease formation of mold and mildew has turned the brown color to white in my fountain. Will this product do the same thing?
Fountec is a concentrated algaecide that will aid in preventing algae growth in your fountain. We have a product called Protec that aids with scale and mineral buildup. It does not remove existing mineral build-up, they will have to be removed with either a scotch brite pad or soft-bristled brush. If you use any cleansers like CLR etc, make sure to use a highly diluted solution to prevent damaged to your features finish.
Birds like to splash in my fountain and I think they drink the water. If I add this product to the water control the algae, will it harm the birds?
Fortunately, the Fountec Fountain Cleaner is safe for birds, plants, pets, and animals. It simply isn't safe for fish.
For further information regarding this fountain cleaner please contact us at email@example.com.
how much and how often should you add this to your fountain?
It really depends on the size of your fountain. Instructions are Use 1 drop/gal or 1 tsp per 100 gallons
You say its safe for plants , does that include aquatic plants?
Yes, this does include aquatic plants.
Is fountec safe for frogs?
Fountec is safe for animals, pets, and plants but it is not safe for fish.
my dogs sometimes drink out of the fountain. Is it harmful to dogs?
Thank you for reaching out. The Fountec Cleaner is a concentrated algacide cleaning solution. Once added to your fountain it will be diluted and is not harmful to pets or birds if ingested. It is not safe for fish. I've posted some helpful bullet points here.
Powerful green algae remover
- Eradicates yellow and black algae
- Removes and kills clinging or stubborn type algae with minimal brushing
- Water clarifiers leaves water ultra-clear
- Non-foaming and non-staining
- No weekly chlorine or testing required
- Prevents regrowth with small weekly dose
- Safe for plants, birds, and animals to drink treated water
- Not safe for aquatic life