The 7 Most Common Types of Outdoor Fountains
When choosing an outdoor fountain for your home, one of the most important steps is deciding on the type of fountain you would like to have. A quick Internet search will show you that there are thousands of different options to choose from. Outdoor water fountains come in a diverse range of shapes, sizes, and designs, but the majority of these will fall into one of seven broad categories.
Here is a quick look at the 7 most common types of outdoor fountains:
- Bubbling Fountains – Most fountains shoot water straight up into the air, but a bubbling fountain allows the water to “bubble over” from a central tube instead. This type of fountain is especially popular among people who would like for their outdoor space to offer a sense of tranquility and relaxation.
- Bronze Fountains – The term “bronze fountain” is a catchall term describing any fountain that is crafted from metal. Even if the fountain is not made from actual bronze, it will more than likely feature a bronze patina. Bronze fountains commonly feature statues and depict figures or mythical creatures.
- Pedestal Fountains – Just like the name indicates, pedestal fountains feature a pedestal design, which may be either simple or elaborate.
- Wall Fountains – Rather than serving as a standalone piece, these fountains are designed to adhere to the side of your home or a fence. They are perfect for maximizing the square footage in your backyard or garden and are available in a wide range of designs.
- Statue Fountains – Statue fountains tend to feature intricate, detailed, and artistic carvings. Although subject matter does vary, human figures are the most popular depictions. Statute fountains are ideal for individuals who are looking for a fountain that can serve as the focal point of their backyard or garden. These are generally made from stone; although, they can be made from other materials.
- Animal Fountains – These fountains feature animals at their subject matter. In the most common designs, water will spill or shoot from the animal’s mouth, but different variations can be found. Animal outdoor water features is a fun way to include nature in your backyard.
- Rock Fountains – With this type of fountain, water is pumped through porous rocks – rather than being pumped upward. This creates a trickle of water that is often described as relaxing and soothing. Rock fountains are usually made of natural stone.
In addition to these most common options, outdoor fountains are also available in myriad of other forms and shapes. For example, urn fountains have increased in popularity in recent years. This type of fountain features an oversized basin with multiple, tiered fountains at varying levels. They work well in spaces with a lot of room.
Regardless of what type of fountain you are searching for, make sure to check out what Outdoor Fountain Pros has to offer. We guarantee you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for!
- Candace Osmond