5 Brilliant Ways to Decorate a Small Garden
For many homeowners, a garden is a must. A little patch of green over the backyard, or a modest row of potted plants is enough to sprinkle some joy and color in your home. While big gardens are always desired for—there's great potential for an impressive landscape and even a pool—one can always make good use of what they have. If you have a limited space but have always wanted a garden, don't worry! We've got 5 amazing decorative ideas to help you create that beautiful little paradise, even with a small land area.
- Pretty little patio. A small patio can create an intimate outdoor space for you and your family to enjoy. To do this, transform that empty corner to a fine dining area with the help of a rustic furniture set. Decorate the corner with potted plants and a little shelf containing your favorite magazines and little artifacts. Light it up by spreading little lanterns all across, creating a subtle, romantic mood. This is perfect for those unexpected dates with your partner, or a little barbecue afternoon with the kids.
- Go for the glass. Want a fountain but hate the bulk? Panels of glass outdoor fountains gives you the same therapeutic feeling as the extravagant, cast stone installations. The only difference is it makes best use of the limited corner. A single panel of a clear glass fountain creates an illusion of a bigger space; perch it among your favorite ferns or your tall bamboos for that complete Oriental ambiance. Choose ones with LED lights to charm your guests during an evening stay; they'll find your garden truly impressive.
- Lounge lane. Got an old couch? You might want to create your own private lounge with your bite-sized paradise. Complete the look with a matching table. Set it with flowers fresh from your pickings, and enjoy your free time reading a book or making art. Decorate the area with aromatic candles which you can light up at night. The scent of these candles and the quiet ambiance creates a whimsical feeling for those relaxing nights.
- How about a hammock? Create an unexpected, playful space by installing a hammock to your little garden. The kids will love this! It's a summer-perfect setting that brings you back to those beach days. Enjoy the sun and the scene as you swing through your comfy hanging bed—complete the day with your favorite smoothie and your beloved book.
- Deck the floors. Elevate your garden, literally, with the help of wooden decks. An outdoor dining furniture completes the visuals. Embellish it with rows of potted succulents, or a shelf featuring your favorite ferns. Cover the space with a large fabric for a bohemian look. Accentuate it with strings of lightbulbs that creates a star-lit effect during the evening.
Space is never the question when it comes to creating a beautiful outdoor garden. As a prime rule, make use of what you have, and allow your creativity to take reigns. Surprise yourself by exploring the possibilities in that empty area; with the right inspiration and vision, you can come up with something extraordinarily magnificent.
- Caris Cruz